Virtual sports have been around for many decades but are just now catching on as a popular betting option. Betting on real sports is always going to command the most attention, but they are not in season for the entire year. Virtual sports feature contests beginning every few minutes, run 24 hours a day, and the players and teams never take any time off for rest and recovery.
Our 18+ virtual sports guide will detail what games are available, and what’s involved in betting on virtual contests. We’ll also reveal the top-rated virtual sports betting sites for players 18 and up, and highlight some regions in the USA where 18+ sportsbooks are legal. We’ve got all of your virtual sports betting needs covered right here, for real!
Can 18-Year-Olds Legally Bet On Virtual Sports?
Yes, 18 and over bettors can legally wager on virtual sports. While you won’t find many (or any) USA-based sportsbooks offering virtual sports betting odds, even if you could, the age to gamble would most likely be 21 and up. The most common minimum age for wagering with a US casino is 21, but some states allow for 18 and over betting, as listed below.
If visiting one of these 18+ casinos that offer sports betting is not possible – or if they don’t have virtual sports options – then the best option for virtual sports betting is through a top online sportsbook operating offshore. We provide our list of top virtual sports betting sites below, and best of all, they accept members starting at 18 years old.
If you browse through US gambling laws, you will not find any mention of gambling with an offshore sportsbook. When you bet on virtual sports with on online sportsbook operating offshore, no laws are being broken. Be sure to read the terms and conditions for any offshore betting site because they do not always accept members all 50 states, like NJ and NV. Additionally, while they will all accept CT and WA members, these two states have enacted laws that prohibit all forms of online betting, so you’re out of luck in those states no matter what age you are (though we’ve never heard of these laws being enforced).
Best Virtual Sports Betting Sites For 18 And Over USA Players
Our virtual sports dream team has searched far and wide for the best legal 18+ casinos in existence that offer sports betting lines on virtual sports. These industry leaders have passed our exhaustive betting reviews and are the best sites for 18+ bettors to wager on virtual sports. The most reputable offshore sportsbooks allow for a plethora of financial options for payment and withdrawal and offer the most advantageous promotions when using Bitcoin.
|Site Name||Bonus||USA||Visit Site|
|1||50% Max $250||Play NowFull Review|
|2||50% Max $1,000||Play NowFull Review|
|3||50% Max $1,000||Play NowFull Review|
States That Allow 18+ Players To Bet On Virtual Sports
Betting on virtual sports is a developing niche in gaming and is not yet available at all sportsbooks. The following states have designated a minimum age of 18 to gamble in one of their regulated, in-state casinos. They will allow for legal virtual sports betting if and when their sportsbooks decide to offer them.
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
18+ Virtual Sports Betting Explained
What is virtual sports betting? Well, virtual sports betting allows you to wager on competitions simulated through the use of random numeric data plugged into computer software. There is no human element involved in the gameplay. It is entirely simulated, but the odds that are provided can give an indication of expected results, as with betting on real sports.
These odds can be wagered on at online sportsbooks, and the results of the contests can be viewed in your own home (or anywhere else you are) on a computer or mobile device. Betting lines for virtual sports look nearly identical to what you’d see offered for their real-life counterparts.
For example, if you are familiar with betting on the NBA, then virtual sports basketball betting lines will look similar, with spreads, straights, and over-unders posted. The same goes for betting on horses, greyhound racing, and other types of races. Whatever odds you’d see in real life, you can expect to see that same selection for virtual sports.
How To Bet On Virtual Sports
Navigate to one of the sportsbooks listed here, sign up, make a deposit, and find the Virtual Sports section. Take care not to confuse virtual sports with eSports, however, as this latter is an entirely different betting market that you’ll also find at the top betting sites.
Once there, you’ll find a selection of virtual game offerings similar to the list below. Click on the game, and you’ll be taken to a page that features a live video feed of the competition with betting lines shown below. These games are abbreviated and recur every 5-10 minutes or so. Races are typically shown in their entirety, but lengthier competitions are narrowed down to a few clips that showcase essential moments.
Virtual Sports Games
- Auto Racing
- Camel Racing
- Greyhound Racing
- Horse Racing
- Motorcycle Racing
Understanding Virtual Sports Odds
Betting lines for virtual sports center on the same principles that are associated with the sports they are replicating. Virtual horse racing and greyhound racing will feature odds for final placement (Win, Place, Show), while team sports will utilize spreads, straight moneylines, and totals. If you are familiar with betting on the game that is being simulated, then the lines offered for their virtual counterparts are easy to understand.
The Difference Between Virtual Sports, eSports, And Video Game Sims
With so many simulated sports being offered at top sportsbooks, it can be tough to determine what the difference is, if any, between them. Below, we detail the differences between these three betting markets.
- Virtual Sports – These are contests that involve no human opponents, only randomly generated numeric data inserted into computer software, which provides results in a video game-like format. The teams and/or players do not represent actual entities or athletes and are entirely fictional, though they are based on historical data from the teams they “mimic.”
- Video Game Simulations – Much like virtual sports, these contests involve no human element and include team or individual sporting contests. The big difference between video game sims and virtual sports is that the teams and athletes involved in video game simulations are a reproduction of real teams and real players, with all the branding and player identities intact. This allows for more educated and informed wagering than virtual sports, at least on the surface. Major video game franchises, such as Madden, NBA2K, and FIFA, are used for these sims, and games run their full course with no abbreviations. Usually, they are live-streamed on popular services like Twitch.
- eSports – These competitions involve human opponents competing via popular videogames like Madden or NBA2K. The odds placed on eSports are more focused on the human players that are playing the videogames, and also factor in the teams that are selected. As a side note, eSports as a category encompass more than just sports-based video games, but they always feature real people playing the titles in question. You can learn more about this type of gambling from our guide to 18 and up eSports betting.
Are Virtual Sports Rigged? Can I Trust The Results?
No, virtual sports are not rigged, and yes, you can trust the results – if you use one of the betting sites we recommend. The RNG software used for virtual sports are audited for iGaming fair play compliance, and the sportsbooks don’t adjust the outcomes in any way. The results are completely legitimate and are unknown to any entity prior to being presented. As long as you stick with our recommended betting sites, you can safely wager on virtual sports without concern.
Live Betting on Virtual Sports For 18 And Over
When wagering on real sports, live betting is often offered that feature odds that are updated often throughout the contest. Because virtual sports recur ever few minutes and deliver results that are determined by a computer, there is no opportunity to place a live bet on the action. Virtual games are designed to repeat dozens of times a day, and because of that frequency, betting opportunities arise just as fast as live betting chances do.
Virtual Sports Betting Mobile App
Wagering on the go is a nice perk, but is it realistic? It can be when using an online sportsbook that is designed for mobile users, such as the ones on our list of recommended 18+ betting sites. Don’t go searching in the App Store for legit virtual sports betting. Just navigate your internet-ready device’s mobile browser to the virtual sports section of any of the sportsbooks here, and select the contest that you are interested in wagering on. No options have been withheld from the mobile interface, so you can expect a full betting experience through these web-based, mobile-optimized betting sites.
18+ Virtual Sports Betting Tips
- Set a maximum bet for yourself. Seasoned gamblers agree that a max bet that equals 3% of your total bankroll is good practice. Just the act of setting a limit shows that you are a responsible gamer and will naturally angle you towards other safe gaming practices.
- Watch a few virtual games before placing any bets. The virtual sports section does not require a membership to enter, and we recommend browsing the betting lines and viewing the contests to familiarize yourself with the functions and capabilities of each site you’re thinking of joining. You can also find patterns this way, as virtual sports teams are based on real-life teams and are weighted accordingly.
- Stick to sports or contests that you are the most familiar with. If you wouldn’t bet on it in real life, then it may not be the best sport to wager on in the virtual sports arena.
- Set a time limit for yourself. Virtual sports are contested all day, every day. In one day, you might experience an entire “season” of action. It’s easy to get glued to your screen, binge betting on virtual sports as if it were the new Netflix hotness. While virtual players don’t need breaks, you sure do!